Matthias Tanzmann crafts fabric 65 into a chunky and mesmerizing episode of the definitive compilation series. To be released on September 18th, fabric 65 is an atmospheric mix, retaining a solid drive throughout from the steady pace of Monkey Maffia’s deep and melodic ‘Sources From The Past’ to the mischievious groove of ’Butt’ from Jeff Moore & Jamie Lie A Kwie. Gathering speed, the story unfolds into the hypnotic and sultry tones of Alexis Cabrera’s ‘Everything’ before the percussive explosion of Just Be’s ‘Rain Come Down’ makes a climactic end.
Tanzmann grew up in Leipzig, Germany during the time the Berlin Wall came down. His early years saw massive political upheaval around him and so the rawness of electronic music easily took hold of him while still at school. During his studies he began various ventures into production and started his infamous Moon Harbour record label twelve years ago, long before Berlin was an epicenter for house and techno music. His second imprint Cargo Edition was started six years later around the time he was asked to be a resident at Circo Loco DC10 Ibiza, a title he still retains. A true professional in a world of excess, Tanzmann remains one of the pioneers of his sound yesterday, today and tomorrow.
01. Minimono – Venus [Cargo Edition]
02. Clockwork & Avatism – One Trick Pony [Dumb Unit]
03. Monkey Maffia – Sources From The Past [Freude am Tanzen]
04. Maya Jane Coles – Not Listening [DJ-Kicks]
05. Matthias Tanzmann – Konoa [Moon Harbour]
06. Shenoda – The Question [Hypercolour]
07. Davide Squillace feat. Alex Nazar – Do Somebody [This And That]
08. Jeff Moore & Jamie Lie A Kwie – Butt [EC / N.E.W.S.]
09. Silicone Soul – Right On, Right On (Matthias Tanzmann Remix) [Soma]
10. Guido Schneider & Florian Schirmacher – In The Toilette (Philip Bader Remix) [Moon Harbour]
11. Alexis Cabrera – Everything [Mindshake]
12. MFD – MFD 1.3 [MFD Records]
13. Just Be – Rain Come Down [Maison D’Etre]
Pre-order the album here:
This post originally appeared on Electronic Nightlife, now a part of beatcue.